Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CoreAudio: Disk is too slow

I keep getting this error in GarageBand while recording a single real instrument track after a few seconds.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz with 1.5GB RAM. This was all working fine with 10.4. I could record TONS of tracks. 2 simultaneously with 7-8 other tracks playing back. No problem. Now I can't record a single track with 1 playing back in Leopard. I have all the latest updates. This happens with my Lambda USB device or using the built-in input.

Time Machine isn't running. I turned off networking completely. I rebooted the machine. I started a new GarageBand file. I would just chalk it up to my drive being too slow and get an external drive, but this used to work just fine until I went an upgraded.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 2.16, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 12, 2007 4:08 PM

2 replies

Dec 13, 2007 2:33 PM in response to isteveus

I looked at the Activity Monitor and didn't see anything using up resources. I saw disk writes peak out, but nothing to suggest why. I recorded track after track in the same project and finally after the 4th track, it started recording as long as I wanted without a problem. I'm going to chalk it up to disk fragmentation in that particular area.

CoreAudio: Disk is too slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.