Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Scanjet Manager Runs On Its Own

I was using Activity Monitor to check on my network speed when I saw that HP Scanjet Manager is running, which is strange because I am not using any Scanjet software at all and neither did I set it to run at start up. I terminated the process promptly.
On another day, I was checking Activity Monitor again and noticed HP Deskjet Manager running again. Again I terminated it. I have no idea why Deskjet Manager is running on its own despite the fact that I did not use the Scanjet software.
The parent process of the Scanjet Process is WindowServer(56) and when I click on this, it shows another screen which says the parent process of WindowServer(56) is launchd(1). Clicking on launchd(1) turns up another screen showing that kernel_task(0) is the parent process of launchd(1).

Does anyone know who is going on and how can I stop HP Scanjet Manager from running automatically?

If this is a Windows system I would have suspected a virus; this is not a Mac virus is it?

MBP, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Dec 14, 2007 1:10 AM

3 replies

HP Scanjet Manager Runs On Its Own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.