Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Bug with iTunes ?

On my MacPro, Time Machine does not backup the "Local" folder, inside user/music/itunes/album artwork
(i have erased the backup and relaunch Time Machine: same behavior)
(it does however backup the "download" folder which is also in the same folder)

In the "Local" folder are some artwork i have added manually.
I have checked: they are not included inside the song they relate to (the mp3 file)

So the consequence is that if i had to backup after a hard disk crash, i would loose a great number of the art covers I manually added (the ones that are currently in the Local Folder), which is ...bad

This is particularly strange, since the download folder (containing artwork from apple) is backupped

Does anyone have the same problem ?

MacPro 2x2,66 dual core xeon;powerbook G4 17 1,33 Ghz;, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 16, 2007 6:36 AM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2007 8:21 PM in response to HugoMe

I have the same problem and my music is kept all in the iTunes folder using the default settings (i.e. iTunes keeps the folder organized). So I dont' have any songs anywhere else besides the iTunes music folder.

I don't like this thing either, since I have a LOT of album artwork manually set up for my albums and I don't want to get it manually back if I have some issues later on and I have to use Time Machine to get my computer the way it was. I remember Steve Jobs saying: "We back up EVERYTHING!" Not so, Mr. Jobs. Disappointed.

Time Machine Bug with iTunes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.