Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FileVault Error Can't Login

Hi, after full instal of Leopard on my macbook ,when i get to the login window & try to login as usual i get a message saying " file-vault protected home folder did not open & needs to be repaired " i press ok & then a message say's " You are unable to log in to the user account ****** at this time " " Logging in to the user account failed because an error occured ".
Can anyone help..........Thanks

Macbook 2nd Gen, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Dec 18, 2007 7:13 AM

7 replies

Dec 19, 2007 11:32 AM in response to Jorge Ocampo

I can get in on my standard account but not on the admin one, a complete pain as all my music etc is on the admin account......might be a case of going back to the store & getting apple to sort it.
I turned on file vault by accident just after i purchased the machine & could'nt switch it off...it would'nt accept the password....should have backed up the files me thinks!

Dec 22, 2007 2:24 AM in response to Sproutdonkey

I am surprised to see so many people have the same problem with the File Vault Error Login Denied issue.

Is there anyway to uninstall the 10.5 and back to 10.4 ?

I've try archived the first 10.5 installation and build the new account as the Apple Genius Bar staff suggested me to do but with no luck, still can't log in, and it took me almost 20 GB hard disc space to just do these two installations!! (6.5 plus GB of the 1st 10.5 installation and 11.5 plus GB for 2nd 10.5 installation and archives...)

It is always been a piece of cake to upgrade to newer OS X, but this time the 10.5 upgrade is a nightmare for me, please somebody please help us with this problem!!

PS. I am talking about my older PowerMac G4 upgrade, dare not to try on the newer 3G Dual-Core Xeon Mac Pro yet, cuz all my current projects are on this newer Mac...

FileVault Error Can't Login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.