Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AVCHD into Final Cut Pro 6

I have just learned how to import AVCHD files from a Panasonic camera, but is it possible to import AVCHD files from a hard drive like the Panasonc VW-PT2ZE?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 18, 2007 11:15 AM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2007 11:23 AM in response to gjensse

The latest update for FCP, 6.0.2 includes support for AVCHD files. From the release notes:

Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 includes support for AVCHD Full HD formats (full width, 1920 x 1080 pixels, interlaced) recorded by camcorders such as the Panasonic HDC-SD3 and HDC-SD5 camcorders. Also, spanned AVCHD clips are recognized.
Important: Final Cut Pro 6.0.1 did not recognize AVCHD spanned clips, so each segment of a spanned clip was ingested independently. Because Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 now recognizes spanned AVCHD clips, it may be impossible to reingest certain segments of a spanned AVCHD clip that you originally ingested in Final Cut Pro 6.0.1. In this case, you may need to use the Log and Transfer window to reingest the entire spanned clip and delete the outdated clips that represent spanned clip segments.

Dec 18, 2007 1:51 PM in response to gjensse

Yes, I know. But how do you import files from an external hard drive?

"The Panasonic AG-HSC1U comes standard with a portable 40GB media storage unit for off-loading content from the 4GB SDHC memory card. The 40GB hard disk drive can hold the contents of ten 4GB SDHC memory cards and has a built-in rechargeable battery."

I haven´t been able to import AVCHD files from this unit.

AVCHD into Final Cut Pro 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.