Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to resize & print a photo to 4x3 inches

I figured out how to crop a photo so that the aspect is 4x3. But I want the photo when I print it to be 4 inches by 3 inches. I can't figure out a way.

I also tried using Preview, but it seems like it always want to print a full page image.

I can do it using Photoshop, but for some reason the colors are getting messed up.

Am I missing something obvious?

1.8GHz G5 iMac, 20-inch LCD, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Dec 20, 2007 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2007 12:25 PM

the easiest way is in iPhoto ( be sure you are up to date - version 7.1.1) - select the photo (be sure you have the full resolution for best printing results - if you have not edited the photo other than size revert to original and crop to 4 x 3
and click done, be sure the photo is still selected and click print - select the printer, paper size and image size (4 x 3) on this page and click print - select any printer specific settings and print - you will have a 4 x 3 photo printed

LN
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2007 12:25 PM in response to melican

the easiest way is in iPhoto ( be sure you are up to date - version 7.1.1) - select the photo (be sure you have the full resolution for best printing results - if you have not edited the photo other than size revert to original and crop to 4 x 3
and click done, be sure the photo is still selected and click print - select the printer, paper size and image size (4 x 3) on this page and click print - select any printer specific settings and print - you will have a 4 x 3 photo printed

LN

Dec 20, 2007 9:30 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks Larry. Somehow I missed the Print Size selection. I'm glad it was something obvious.

I'm having one other problem, when I crop 4x3, iPhoto always wants to put the "4" along the longer dimension of my photo. What I want to do is rotate the crop so it's 3x4. If I try to enter those dimension into the custom setting, iPhoto automatically changes it back to 4x3.

For a more obvious example, try to get a 16x9 crop with the "16" being the smaller length of the original photo. I can't do it. It doesn't work if you rotate the photo first.

I want to resize & print a photo to 4x3 inches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.