Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing the date/time stamp from photos in iPhoto.

I've recently imported hundreds of photos from my digital camera into iPhoto. Every picture is showing the date/time stamp on the image. I had the date/time stamp on the camera turned off and the stamp wasn't showing up on the camera. A few weeks ago I imported a bunch of photos with no problem (no visible date/time stamps on the images). Does anyone have any idea how to remove the date/time stamp from the image in iPhoto? Is there a way to do this without actually cropping or editing the photos? Is this a problem with iPhoto, my camera, or something I did (and didn't realize). Thanks in advance for any input!

Elizabeth

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), iPhoto 6, with all updates

Posted on Dec 21, 2007 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2007 11:35 PM

Elizabeth

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

This is a setting on your camera that's gone awry, and now this date stamp is part of the image. SO the only way to remove it is by editing - for instance, blurring it, or copying some background over it - or cropping it out of the pic.

Photoshop Elements
Acorn
Graphic Coverter
Seashore

are photo editors that can be used with iPhoto. (There are others, search on MacUpdate). The top is probably the best, but the other three are good too. They also can be downloaded for trial. The bottom one is Open Source (i.e Free).

Regards

TD
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2007 11:35 PM in response to Elizabeth Bohn

Elizabeth

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

This is a setting on your camera that's gone awry, and now this date stamp is part of the image. SO the only way to remove it is by editing - for instance, blurring it, or copying some background over it - or cropping it out of the pic.

Photoshop Elements
Acorn
Graphic Coverter
Seashore

are photo editors that can be used with iPhoto. (There are others, search on MacUpdate). The top is probably the best, but the other three are good too. They also can be downloaded for trial. The bottom one is Open Source (i.e Free).

Regards

TD

Dec 22, 2007 9:41 AM in response to MaryThomas

MaryThomas

Is there any risk to loading Seashore onto a new intel Mac?

No.

but have read that Elements, intel and Leopard are not particularly compatible...

On the relaease of 10.5 Adobe said that Elements would re-act badly in some unspecified ways on 10.5. However, OT, a very experienced poster on this site, has been using it merrily and had no difficulties at all.

Regards

TD

Removing the date/time stamp from photos in iPhoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.