Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes "clicking" buttons twice when clicked on

Hi,

I've been having a strange problem with iTunes ever since I installed Leopard (Archive and Install). If the iTunes mini window is in the background (iTunes is not the frontmost/active application), and I click on the Play, Next or Previous buttons, iTunes registers it as clicking twice. For example, if a song is playing and I hit the pause button when the mini window is in the background, it will quickly change to the play button and stop the music, then a millisecond later, will start playing the song again and change the button to a pause button. If I hit the next button, it goes forward 2 songs, not 1. I am not clicking twice, even on accident. It happens with my mouse and trackpad button.

While we are on the subject of iTunes, another problem I'm having (I had this in 10.4 and 10.5) is that iTunes will randomly stop in the middle of songs. It is not reproducible, and doesn't happen twice on the same song or in the same spot, which I think means that the music is fine (not corrupted). If I click play, it starts playing again.

Any ideas? Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 25, 2007 6:51 PM

7 replies

Jan 26, 2008 3:00 PM in response to timmerk

I'm having the same 'double-clicking' on the iTunes mini-player when it's in the background thing happen on my system.
I'm running Mac OS 10.5.1 and iTunes 7.6, I think it started when I upgraded to iTunes 7.6.

I recently uninstalled Synergy and installed CoverSutra. I don't know if either of those might cause this, but they are iTunes controllers, so I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else experiencing this used either.

Aside from iTunes registering 2 clicks when I click the mini player in the background, the window also sticks to my cursor (as if I'm dragging it) when I click the 'zoom' widget while it's in the background. I'm assuming these things are related, is anyone else experiencing that additional oddity?

Thanks!

iTunes "clicking" buttons twice when clicked on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.