Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork missing from iPod

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could hepl me.
I have just finished transfering my iTunes Music Library to my new computer. Everything is working as it should (minus a few songs I had to manually locate)exept when I updated everything back onto my iPod classic 160GB the album artwork is missing for all the songs.

I then tried adding a few new songs and they are on it with album artwork, so is my purchesed songs artwork. So I then I tried editing sone songs that are missing artwork (I changed 'Editors' to "The Editors") now all those songs have the artwork on the iPod.

So how do I get the iPod to re-sync all the "album artwork photo's"?

Thanks

Presario V6000, Windows Vista

Posted on Dec 28, 2007 10:22 AM

8 replies

Dec 28, 2007 10:37 AM in response to JacAce

First make sure that you have checked the box to include album art on the music tab of your iPod when connected to iTunes. If you've rebuilt your library then iTunes may no longer have all the artwork that was in your previous library. To find all the tracks without artwork so that you can update them you can try http://www.stum.de/itunes-find-tracks-without-artwork/ for Windows or http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts13.php for Macs. If you're using Google or other FWSE to locate suitable images they should be jpg's, square, 200x200 pixels or above and ideally borderless to give the best results in the various menus.

tt2

Dec 29, 2007 5:59 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi - I am having the same problem but I do not see an option in the Music tab on the iPod. The options available are (Cover Flow, playlists, artists, albums, compilations, songs, genres, composers, audiobooks, search). And when the iPod is connected to iTunes, it does not allow you to see option because it says "Do not disconnect" on the iPod.

It looks like the album artwork may be on the iPod, however, it does not display when connected to iTunes. The artwork in iTunes displays but not what's on the ipod.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dec 29, 2007 6:36 PM in response to radio_hd

I've obviously not made myself clear. When you connect an iPod to iTunes, the list of sources on the left hand side of the iTunes window will contain a section called Devices, under that you should see your iPod. Select that and the main window will display a series of tabs, Summary - Music - Movies - TV Shows - Podcasts - Photos - Contacts - Games. Click on the Music tab and make sure there is a tick against *Dispaly album artwork on your iPod*.

tt2

Dec 29, 2007 10:09 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks, ok I see that and it is definitely checked. I re-checked the iPod and the artwork is out of snych in many instances and missing in other instances, even after I just manually added artwork to iTunes songs and directly to the iPod? Is there a way to synch everything back up? Does the synch option erase and then re-add songs or does it just synch all of the settings/artwork associated with each song?

Dec 31, 2007 7:48 AM in response to JacAce

Hi - a couple of people responded to me (Zevoneer and Chuffer - thank you) and said that doing this will re-sync all of the artwork:

With the ipod connected -
1. Disable "Display album artwork" in iPod>Music tab and click Apply.
2. Syncronise the iPod with iTunes (Right click on the iPod icon and choose Sync from the menu)
3. Re-enable "Display album artwork" in iPod>Music tab and click Apply.
4. Syncronise the iPod again.

I believe this will work. I noticed that when you click sync it prompts you "are you sure you want to remove all content from ipod and sync with itunes" - it is my understanding that it will only replace the changes (and in this case, the only changes should be the artwork.

I am trying to avoid erasing all songs and writing them back again but if that's what sync does, then I just want to go through all of my songs and make sure I'm happy with the artwork to avoid having to keep re-doing this procedure. If you try this, please let me know if it works as I am going to do it as soon as I finish updating my artwork.

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2008 12:39 PM in response to radio_hd

Hi

Thanks for the help.

Tried what you said, but it just says an error has occured, can't sync iPod (-50). So that's me got a new problem, just have to see if an update will fix that error.

So I have just resorted to re sync'ing the whole iPod.

Most of my artwork is now on it.

Hope you get your's to work.

Thanks again!

Jan 4, 2008 12:08 PM in response to JacAce

Hi - sorry to hear about the sync error. Here's an article that provides 2 solutions for the (-50) sync error.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304996

I'm just about finished adding artwork to iTunes and plan to try to sync iTunes to my ipod this weekend with the steps above. I'll let you know if it works.

Hope the article helps get the (-50) error fixed.

Album artwork missing from iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.