📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uploading to snapfish

anyone know where the snapfish fix for loading muliple fotos from mac (leopard) is at?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 29, 2007 7:58 AM

14 replies

Dec 30, 2007 2:37 PM in response to dude_uber

I've been dealing with this issue for a couple of weeks, not wanting to switch to the more expensive Shutterfly and Kodak Gallery, etc. I've tried several of the suggestions in here and the thing that has worked the best for me is this:

After I create an Album or Event in iPhoto, I just click on the event thumbnail and drag it to my backup external hard drive. I think I may have to create a folder on the external that has the same name as the event. Anyway, after that it's one drag and all the pix are there, backed up nicely. Then when I'm on Snapfish I just search for pictures to upload on the external hard drive and I can upload as many pictures as I want at the same time. This is the same thing in principal as dragging photos to the desktop, but then you have to trash the copies afterwards and it's just a pain, at least with my method you're doing something productive with the pictures you're dragging out of iPhoto. Also, I didn't have to use the export for album or event, dragging works just fine.

Dec 30, 2007 8:03 PM in response to BabyFett

thanks babyfett. i unsuccessfully tried your fix, but i think there's something more fundamental i have failed to grasp. i'm not able to upload MULTIPLE fotos to snapfish at all.

the snapfish website (and support) tells me that they don't support uploading multiple fotos at one time, and that i have to upload them 1 by 1. how do i get around this? i just can't work this out from previous posts.

the cost factor is amplified for me here in australia. in addition to paying higher kodak etc charges, i have to pay shipping from the US (the kodakgallery oz site is very basic). at least snapfish has more functionality and i only have to pay local postage.

Dec 30, 2007 9:16 PM in response to dude_uber

If you're using Firefox that could be the problem. Firefox won't allow the multiple uploads in Snapfish for whatever reason. However, Safari will work. If the default upload page is "one-by-one" there should be an option to use Snapfish's "QuickUpload Tool" which isn't really a tool or a plug-in, it's just another option. Anyway, once there just click on "select photos" and it will open a media browser that will NOT show iPhotos, but, if you followed my above advice and backed everything up to the desktop or the external hard drive, THEN you can do the multiples. Hope this time it works.

Jan 1, 2008 7:21 PM in response to BabyFett

ok, so now i've tried safari as well - same deal. the 'quick upload tool' is snapfish's 'PictureMover' tool, only available as an EXE file. i can't swap from the upload one at a time to a multiple upload without this 'PictureMover' tool, from what i can work out. if there is a way to do it, i'd love to know how.

many thanks

jane

Jan 1, 2008 11:29 PM in response to Yer_Man

td,

you've confused me! i can't follow your instructions while browsing fotos to upload while in snapfish (from safari or firefox); it won't let me select multiples.

snapfish's website says that mac users can't upload multiples, but from reading posts to this forum i have the impression that other mac users can. am i wrong?

thanks for help

jane

Jan 2, 2008 7:31 AM in response to dude_uber

I just checked out snapfish's help menu and is says you CAN upload multiple pix at the same time. And as I said before I have no problem doing that a) if I'm using Safari and b) if I've backed up my photos and albums onto either the desktop or an external drive (this is my choice). I cannot upload the actual iPhoto contents multiply from the standard Leopard media browser, that's partially why I back everything up. From there I have no problems uploading onto Snapfish via their QuickUpload page. I didn't have to download any kind of plug-in that I can recall. I just do it. But I too am confused by TD's response. I have no idea what the "Open or Attach dialogue (with Column View)" is and the iMedia Browser doesn't allow me to drag my photos into the attachment section of Snapfish's page.

Feb 2, 2008 2:39 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi, I have just converted from a pc to a new Macbook with os 10.5 and safari browser. I thought I would upload some photos to Snapfish. I used to do this no problem on my pc. However when I choose to upload photos on the Mac I only get the option of one by one uploading. Snapfish says that with Macs you can download/install a quickupload option but I do not get offered the download - As I recall I did on the old pc. I have gone through the snapfish help line but am still awaiting a response. Any ideas how to get the quickupload download?

Thanks, Teffy

Feb 4, 2008 12:45 PM in response to Yer_Man

Hi TD, Thanks for your reply. You may have noticed from the help page link you attached that snapfish say that when you selct upload photos you will be offered a "quickdownload" download. I have not been offered that option. Instead I go straight to a one by one upload page. I can only upload one photo at a time. If I click on the browse button I get the file/media window pane and I can only select one photo. I can't select a whole folder. If I select one photo and hold the shift button down it won't let me select another photo/photos. On the Bonusprint site I can simply select a folder or multiple photos and choose to upload them but I'd like to stay with Snapfish if possible. I saw one chatroom response from November last year suggesting that snapfish have a software problem they are working on but that it might not be fixed for some time.

Any ideas? Or should just give up?

Thanks again,
Teffy.

Feb 4, 2008 12:56 PM in response to Teffy

This is a generic how to upload undedr Leopard - I do not use Snapfish so can not test it there

Log onto Snapfish and click on upload - when you get the dialogue box to select photos to upload and a finder selection window openes select the column view toward the upper left and look toward teh bottom of the left sidebar for media - under media go to pictures ==> iPhoto and give it a minute andyou will have your iPhoto albums & library available to select (make multiple selections jus tlike anyplace on a MAC - option (alt) click

LN

Feb 20, 2008 8:31 PM in response to dude_uber

My wife and I have been using Snapfish for years both on Windows and Macs. The Quickupload tool has always worked flawlessly through Safari. 2 weeks ago, I upgraded our MacBook Pro to Leopard and iPhoto '08. Now all the pics "fail" when uploaded through QuickUpload. However, they do upload using the one-by-one method. This is a pretty big deal for us since we probably upload 50-100 family pics a week for family back east.

Any ideas? Can I reload the QuickUpload plugin? Any advice is much appreciated!!

uploading to snapfish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.