Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does MSN messenger work with mac?

does msn messenger work with mac and do they update the versions frequently? i saw on the msn website that it has up to version 6.0.1 or something...is that new i will i be using an outdated version of messenger....

all of my friends have msn messenger so, if the msn messenger for mac is so old, are there any other messaging programs that i can use to communicate with msn users??

thanks for the help...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 29, 2007 2:17 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2007 2:44 PM in response to juanparce88

juanparce88 wrote:

all of my friends have msn messenger so, if the msn messenger for mac is so old, are there any other messaging programs that i can use to communicate with msn users??

MSN messenger is still active in development, It has just been crippled - no Nudges, no msn games, no drawing, no a/v support etc..You can still do the basics; Talk to your friend, custom smileys/multiple convos.

Note you can't sort contacts by e-mail (a feature I missed from Windows). Adium does attempt to solve a few problems but the group convo feature with MSN doesn't work very well - I still prefer Messenger for Mac because it holds the general 'look and feel' of MSN messenger for windows. (Kind of :P).

Does MSN messenger work with mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.