Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost paper and color option after Os X installation

Hello,

in order to work with "the Gimp" I have installed X11 application yesterday on my iMac, not the best think I have done but... Os X reinstalled box version of my iMac 20" and then upgraded automatically to X.4.11, with all security, java, quicktime upgrades.
This morning I wanted to print with my Photosmart 8050 but no printing drivers where found. so I reinstalled it, once with printer connected with USB the other without.
Conclusion, same issue, I have in my printing menu, no way to change aper settings nor color setting, it look like a standard windows. Moreover, there is a strikedthrough item called "HP Photosmart PDE", when I click on it it says "this application is not compatible with your computer, ask your printer vendor to give you a good version." and it prints bellow "3.1" twice.
I have read in main post that 3.3 version of driver is included in Mac Os 10.4, so whats going up? Why my system was not able to find the printer from scratch after refresh this morning, why isn't there any better version than 3.1 in HP's web site? When I ask for an update in HP, it says there is not update for my system.
I trashed pref, restarted several time, refresh printing spool, reinstalled several time, but still nothing help in choosing paper or color like before.

I can still print without any control of previous item, .... but this is not the best of work. fortunately it is a home desktop... and I am not printing everyday, but...it is new year's time, and I have to print the card.... 😟

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards and very best wishes for this new year,
François

G4 PCI 400, iMac C2D, Mac Mini G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 30, 2007 7:21 AM

5 replies

Dec 30, 2007 11:37 PM in response to smithrj

Hello,

Thank you for our answer, I have looked through the forum and haven't found any answer, unfortunately. I installed driver with both unconnected and off printer.
What bothers me a little is that I have a hard time to understand where this driver is sitting on my hard drive, to check what driver version exists.
in this article it says 3.3 : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303057
when I install it from HP it says 3.1...

Best regards,
François

Lost paper and color option after Os X installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.