Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Preferences Crashing and AFP Isuues

I have ran into a problem with my User Account on Mac OSX 10.4.11, I can no longer make changes to my Network Preferences, as soon as I hit the Apply button, I get the Beach Ball and I have to force quite System Preferences, If I check he Console I am getting the following message:

Dec 30 08:19:21 MarshallMacbook /Applications/System Preferences.app/Contents/MacOS/System Preferences: NetInfo timeout connecting to local domain, sleeping

I am also having a problem copying files using AFP from this Account to my iMac, but no problems wih my iMac copying files to my Macbook Pro.

I have re-ran the Combo Update 10.4.11, I have repaired permissions and ran Disk Repair using my Restore CD and the problem is still present.

I created another user account with Administrative Rights and this account works just fine, I can edit Network Preferences and copy files using AFP, does anyone know the solution? I have a feeling t is the Net Info Database, but have no clue how to repair or delete it.

Macbook Pro 2.3, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 30, 2007 8:27 AM

2 replies

Network Preferences Crashing and AFP Isuues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.