Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootable DVD install disc

So in haste of clearing out of the studio for the holidays I didn't make a correct dup of my install disk. I bought the family pac and left the disc at the office like I always do, but normally I dup the dvd and keep a copy with me...

Now I did copy to my external thinking I could simply burn a copy of the DVD. What I have is the OS Installer and Optional Installs folder. Is there a way to create a bootable DVD without having the actual DVD? If not or it becomes a risk of screwing up the computer I attempt this with, I will simply wait until i'm back to the studio on Jan 2nd.

After looking at my Tiger Install disk it looks like I'm missing alot of packages too...

-Alfeo

2.16GHz MBP, 1Gig TiBook & Quick Silver, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 30, 2007 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2007 1:09 PM

you'll have to wait.
5 replies

Bootable DVD install disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.