Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't email photos to myself from iPhone

I am trying to email photos taken w/my iPhone to myself but it doesn't work anymore. I've done it before, but now I do it, and it makes the paper airplane noise as being sent, but I never receive it in my email acct. It sounds like it got sent but never gets to me. Is there some setting I have to change or something? You'd think it would just go into my inbox like a normal message.

MacBook Pro 15', Mac OS X (10.4.6), Quicktime 7.1, Photo iPod 60GB, iPhone

Posted on Jan 2, 2008 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2008 10:10 AM

No, the message didn't even go into my Sent mailbox. I've also checked the junk and its not there. It's just weird because it worked just fine before. I have two email accts and its not going to either of them for some reason. It's making the sent noise but not saying its sent. My email accts work just fine from my computer though.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2008 10:10 AM in response to Allan Sampson

No, the message didn't even go into my Sent mailbox. I've also checked the junk and its not there. It's just weird because it worked just fine before. I have two email accts and its not going to either of them for some reason. It's making the sent noise but not saying its sent. My email accts work just fine from my computer though.

Jan 2, 2008 9:50 AM in response to Holly Apt1

Is the sent message available in the account's Sent mailbox on your iPhone?

If so, this indicates the message was successfully sent by the SMTP server used to send messages with an account. A message is either successfully sent or it isn't and if a message cannot be successfully sent for whatever reason, the message will not be moved to and available in the account's Sent mailbox.

Sending and receiving are different things so just because a message is sent is no guarantee it will be received/accepted by the incoming mail server for the recipient's account or isn't flagged as junk in error or the message attachment being deemed as containing a virus which in this case would be called a false positive if this has happened with these sent messages.

Long story short is this isn't an iPhone problem when a message is successfully sent.

Can't email photos to myself from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.