Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

russian language songs in iTunes

Hello here, I got a *russian mp3 disk* and all the song names appear fine in the Finder. However when I trag them into iTunes the track, names, album names are changed into wrong cyrillic letters.

Is there a way to change that or any software that translates those letters into the correct russian ones?

*Thnk you,*

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 3, 2008 6:23 PM

6 replies

Jan 24, 2008 2:41 AM in response to vladster

Hi, I do experience the same problem. I have got thousands of Russian songs which i'd like to use through iTunes 7.6 but not changing their names one by one.

The point is that on Windows iTunes 7.6 does recognize cyrillic, but since recent i am happy (eeeehaaaa) MacBook Pro user, and on Mav it somehow doesn't work.

Cheers, Aurel

Feb 15, 2008 11:01 PM in response to aureliuz

Oh I see, well I found out that not all Russian/Cyrillic names are tagged. That's from the end of people who burned the disks. Usually unprofessional people don's use any good tags to make their songs Universally readable. Even in my VW the mp3 cds wouldn't read the same CD, but other ones do.

Congrats on that macbook pro.
thx

russian language songs in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.