Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you use iTunes with a Onyx MP3 player . . . anyone?

My relative bought my son a cheap MP3 player which he thinks is so cool. Does anyone know if I can convert iTune files into .MP3 OR .WMA files? The rest of the family all have Shuffles and Nano's and I really don't want to start getting music at other music sites. Thanks!

Dell Dimension 2400, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 4, 2008 10:15 AM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2008 10:49 AM in response to beachgirl*

+I really don't want to start getting music at other music sites.+

You have it exactly backwards. All the players in the family, both Apple and "cheap," can play MP3s. So you should start buying only MP3s, and stop buying from sites that sell songs with proprietary DRM. Try some sites that sell music in MP3 format, such as amazon.com and audiolunchbox.com.

Jan 4, 2008 1:39 PM in response to beachgirl*

You can convert iTunes Plus songs because they are not protected and they can then be played on your player. Any other purchase in iTunes is protected. Since you don't have an iPod, you can't play any of the non iTunes Plus music on your player.

I would really try and purchase your songs elsewhere since you don't have an iPod. If you did have one, iTunes is an excellent store.

How can you use iTunes with a Onyx MP3 player . . . anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.