Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WEBCAM

I would like to receive advices about webcameras.
There is only one webcam available on the mac store: the Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision.
Do you know other webcameras?
Thanks!

Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5, Mac OS X (10.5.1), 3.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Jan 5, 2008 2:50 AM

5 replies

Feb 29, 2008 1:14 PM in response to AURORA BOREALIS

I recently bought a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, USB, and it works beautifully with Skype. Plug-n-play, with one change in the preference setting to start my video automatically. I Skype with PC folks and have had no problems. The down side is the CD is for PCs only, so you lose some functions like taking a snapshot. But then I wanted the video camera function not a picture function. Since there are no instructions (PC) I just plugged it into the USB port on the back of my iMac and trusted my Mac to do what was necessary. Yes, success!

Here is a URL for MacCam, listing support for many webcams that will work with various Macs and the OS needed, and whether you need their MacCam software. Several webcams are supported with the built-in-drivers on OS 10.4.3 and later without additional software. http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/

WEBCAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.