Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Wi-Fi - Suddenly 'dead'.

Hello

I've owned an iPhone since day 1 in the UK (November 9th). Until recently, the Wi-Fi was working fine. However, a few weeks ago I would be browsing the web on my iPhone, whilst connected to WiFi, when the signal would suddenly go down and I'd be re-connected to O2's GPRS (As I cannot get EDGE in my area). It would take a couple of times for my BT-HomeHub to appear on my list of available WiFi networks again, and I would have to forget the Network in order to re-connect to it. This, as you can imagine, was a hassle.

Then, about a week ago, the WiFi stopped working completely. It cannot find ANY network (So now I know the fault is with the iPhone and not my WiFi networks).

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

If there is an actual fault with my iPhone, how can I get a replacement under the warranty?

Thanks very much.

eMac PowerPC G4, Mac OS X (10.5.1), iPhone 8GB

Posted on Jan 6, 2008 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2008 7:37 AM

If you have already tried resetting and restoring if resetting does not work then you may need to give Apple Tech Support a call. If the phone if faulty they will give you a new/refurbished one.
14 replies

Feb 1, 2008 3:10 PM in response to Isaac Somerset

I have exactly the same problem. Since three days, my iPhone can't detect any single Wi-Fi network around me. Unfortunately I have no clue how to fix it.

What solution - if any - did you find?

My iPhone behaved very special from the beginning. Networks were detected correctly, but after a few minutes I was disconnected from them and switched to EDGE. No more networks were discovered then. After turning it off and on - and switching the location - everything was okay again. Weird, isn't it?

iPhone Wi-Fi - Suddenly 'dead'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.