Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Services in Dominican Republic?

Hi guys,

I recently bought an Iphone 1.1.2 in US and brought it to Dominican Republic. I read that It's not possible to use the Phone services.

Right now any Telephone Company is given services for the Iphone but I've heard that Orange is going to do that mid-february.

My questions are:
1- Can you confirm to me if some telecom is going to give services to Dominican Republic and When?
2- If I Telecom brings services for the Iphone, Will I be able to unlocked my Iphone with that telecom?

Regards,

Jose Ismael Reynoso

Clone, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 6, 2008 9:53 AM

3 replies

Jan 6, 2008 9:55 AM in response to JoseReynoso

JoseReynoso wrote:>
My questions are:
1- Can you confirm to me if some telecom is going to give services to Dominican Republic and When?

No one knows. It has not been not announced if iPhone will ever be in the DR.

2- If I Telecom brings services for the Iphone, Will I be able to unlocked my Iphone with that telecom?

No. The iPhone is locked to carriers. The iPhone for the US is solely locked to AT&T for the US.

Jan 6, 2008 10:13 AM in response to JoseReynoso

JoseReynoso wrote:

My questions are:

Until Apple announces it, no one knows.

The US phone you bought is locked to ATT. It won't work with a DR carrier. You're best bet would be to try and return the phone to Apple.

Jan 6, 2008 11:04 AM in response to JoseReynoso

The AT&T partner in the DR is Claro. I will be in La Romana in a few weeks, so I checked to make sure my iPhone will work there and it will.

BUT, this is with a US-activated phone on AT&T with international roaming. However, now that you know who the roaming partner is, perhaps Claro can help you.

Good luck!

-dan

Iphone Services in Dominican Republic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.