Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WPA2???

Why does my network login keep switching to WPA even though I set it at WPA2 personal?

Leopard has also been causing problems for my wireless connectivity speed...
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1326033&tstart=45

G5DP2.5/15"2.4ghzMBP/G415"1.67/G412"1.33/G4 Quicksilver/4g40giPod/nano RED/20ACD, Mac OS X (10.5.1), I love my macs...I hate sofware bugs...

Posted on Jan 6, 2008 11:31 AM

20 replies

Jan 7, 2008 11:39 AM in response to Yann Bizeul

I have this problem as well. I manage a WPA2 Enterprise configuration at work, and a WPA2 Personal configuration at home, so I am perfectly aware of what my configuration should look like. My MacBook Pro connected to WPA2 networks just fine last week.

Now, all WPA2 networks show up in the Network preferences panel as their WPA equivalents, and I can no longer connect to those networks.

If I start Boot Camp, the system connects to those WPA2 networks with no problem, so this is not a hardware issue.

Jan 11, 2008 7:38 AM in response to Shaun Rosenberg

I've tried several things here and have had no success. I've tried deleting the Airport-related preferences files. That clears out the SSIDs and such, but if I re-add those SSIDs, the WPA2 option still will not stick. I'm really hoping for some feedback from Apple on this. While it's not widespread, it does seem to affect a fair number of people and essentially makes the laptop useless on a wireless network that has WPA2 security enabled.

Jan 11, 2008 8:08 AM in response to Cobalt Jacket

Yeah, erased I reinstalled, tried different firmware on the base station. Sometimes I can seem to connect to the network, but it toggles it to WPA after selecting WPA2, so some people may have the issue but just not realize it...I'm having some speed and .mac issues, plus my MBP just came back from repair after 10days only to go back out as soon as I came to pick it up...you would think they would look at these things after they repair them before sending them back...so I'll post if I hear anything but this is #3-4 on my list for now...sigh

Jan 17, 2008 2:21 PM in response to Shaun Rosenberg

I have the same issue. I've entered my network information into Leopard setting up the WPA2 of course. It will connect and stay connected (that is until whatever glitch that is in Leopard drops the connection and then refuses to reconnect). But even while connected with great signal strength and access to all network hardware and the Internet, System Preference will still seem to show the network as a WPA network instead of WPA2. Perhaps this is just a glitch as to what it SHOULD be displaying versus what it is ACTUALLY connected to. Thus far, no networking issues to report as to why it shows WPA when the network is actually WPA2. Revealing the password in preferences shows it is still using the WPA2 key I gave it. Nothing more than a "AI typo" - at least for now.

WPA2???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.