Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double click to edit?

I have a couple of quick questions about iPhoto '08.

Is it possible to change the default behaviour so that when I double click on a photo, it goes to the edit window rather than just enlarging the picture to fill the window? I know I can option double click to do this but I'd like this to be the default double click behaviour like iPhoto '06.

Also, is there a way to change the highlight colour? I really don't like the horrible yellow box around the selected picture in the library.

Thanks,

Ben

17" iMac Core Duo, 1.83GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10) and Windows XP Pro;, iMac G3 500Mhz Snow, 384MB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jan 6, 2008 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2008 8:08 PM

iPhoto menu ==> preferences ==> general ==> double click photo - select edits photo

As to highlight color - no way to change it that I know of

LN
3 replies

Jan 6, 2008 8:14 PM in response to Ben_

Ben:

1 - No. We can't change those default features of iPhoto.

2 - the highlight color is hard coded in the application and is not user changeable.

It's just the nature of the beast.

User uploaded file

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've created an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. It's compatible with iPhoto 08 libraries and Leopard. iPhoto does not have to be closed to run the application, just idle. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Jan 14, 2008 3:40 PM in response to Ben_

Thank-you both,

I found the preferences to change the double click behavior last night when I upgraded to the latest version. I didn't see it before so I don't know if it is new to this version or whether I just overlooked it before now. Anyway, thanks.

I guess I can deal with the yellow highlight colour, it just seems a bit out of place in the midst of the other more subtle colours of my Apple apps. It also seems a bit odd that it doesn't respect the highlight colour set in the System Preferences.

Cheers,

Ben

Message was edited by: Ben_

Double click to edit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.