Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help on housekeeping

The downloaded manual doesn't go much into issues such as moving files, finding how much of the 8 gigs is useable space, how many files might be deleted to make more room available, and so on. And can I use it (especially with the Leopard's time machine backup system) to back up my Mac, as I currently do with my old ipod?

MacBook 1,1 Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jan 6, 2008 10:05 PM

3 replies

Jan 6, 2008 10:21 PM in response to A A P L

Thanks, Scott. Let me rephrase my question in light of your response.

First, how can I verify the 7.3 gigs available on my own ipod, and will that change as new photos and music and perhaps documents and apps are added?

Second, suppose I wanted to set Leopard's time machine to back up only such documents as would fit well within, say, six gigabytes? If I can do it on a flash drive, why not on the ipod touch?

Third, is this kind of basic info already available via Apple? Shouldn't it be?

Jan 6, 2008 10:25 PM in response to richman0829

First, how can I verify the 7.3 gigs available on my own ipod, and will that change as new photos and music and perhaps documents and apps are added?

Open iTunes and check how much space is available on that iPod.

Second, suppose I wanted to set Leopard's time machine to back up only such documents as would fit well within, say, six gigabytes? If I can do it on a flash drive, why not on the ipod touch?

Unlike a flash drive, the iPod touch currently doesn't support the use of it for data storage. In addition, Time Machine has been written so that it will not back up to any iPod model.

(27892)

Need help on housekeeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.