2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2008 9:25 AM by ifarlow
Serge Dufort1 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Hi everyone,
I have been using Aperture for slideshows for a long time now and everything was fine until recently. I recently purchased a new macbook pro with Leopard, I reinstalled Aperture on my new computer and move the Aperture Library in my image folder. Everything seems to be working fine except for slideshows. When I play slideshows in synk with music, it looks like some lag is happening, the music stops or the same image stays on for a realy long time. The slide shows is never the same lenght of the music I picked. Worked fine before. Aperture version 1.5.6 and Leopard 10.5.1

G5,DP, 1,5Gb + MacBook Pro 2,4GHZ_ 2Go, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • ifarlow Level 1 Level 1 (95 points)
    I'm running A2 on Leopard 10.5.2, and I too am having difficulty with slideshows synced to music. When I start the slideshow, the music starts and the first image fades in. Fine. However, the slideshow never advances to the next image. Ever. If I use the right arrow key, I can move forward in the images, but when I hit the spacebar to continue, the slideshow fails to advance from that point forward.

What a frustrating mess this is...
  • ifarlow Level 1 Level 1 (95 points)
    I figured out what the problem was, and I wanted to post here for anyone else experiencing this. It turns out that although I had one song selected in my iTunes playlist within Aperture, Aperture was determining the length of each image in the slideshow based on the total time of ALL tracks in the playlist. So, because I had 250 songs in the playlist, Aperture was going to display each image for 6 minutes or so.

I created a playlist with one song, and the slideshow synced to music worked perfectly.