25573 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2008 3:09 AM by hallz
Well, if an iPod Classic works....I would assume that the Apple Mobile Support driver isn't installed (or functioning) properly.
Here is what I would try.
1) Open up your control panel
2) Go to add/remove programs
3) remove itunes
4) remove quicktime
5) remove apple software updates
6) remove apple mobile device ( if it's there )
7) close control panel (and add/remove programs)
8) Open up My Computer
9) Go into the C: drive
10) Go into Program Files
11) Look for any folders called Apple Software Updates, Apple Mobile Device, iTunes, or Quicktime and DELETE them
12) Empty your recycle bin
13) Restart your computer
14) Download and Reinstall the iTunes
Test it out...see if that works and post back if you're getting the same message or not.