Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums/Artists out of order in cover flow

On my new 80g ipod most of the albums are ordered as they are in itunes, but towards the end there are about twenty or so that aren't in order and I can't figure out how to fix this. I have the most current versions of the software for itunes and the ipod, and I've tried manually entering all the album artist fields and sorting by that, as well as entering the sort artist and the sort album artist, but nothing seems to work. Besides this, the albums/artists that show up out of order at the end of cover flow don't even appear in alphabetical order when I leave cover flow and just sort by artist. My girlfriend has the same ipod with the same problem for some of the same albums. Is new software going to fix this?

HP, Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 7, 2008 8:09 PM

2 replies

Jan 8, 2008 5:39 AM in response to Manchego

Manchego, there’s nothing wrong with the iPods there. The thing is that with multiple artist’s albums, iTunes tends to classify them by default as compilations, even if they’re not – 4 ex. Some Thievery Corporation cd’s. Tricky’s Nearly God, Björk's Vespertine, and other’s.
All u have 2 do, is, in iTunes, to select all the tracks in the album (with the shift key down, click the first and the last track, to select them all), then right click the mouse, go to Get Info, then at the bottom left of the window, there’s a combo box that shall read Compilation – Yes, change it to No.
Problem solved, the album will appear in it’s order from now on, after next sync.

Albums/Artists out of order in cover flow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.