Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Keynote '08 and Leopard: crashing on certain slides

HI folks,

I have a distressing problem with Keynote 08 and Leopard. Files that I made in the iWork 06 version of Keynote are mostly fine now that I've updated to Keynote 08 and Leopard, but a subset of those files choke on particular slides. Almost all of these are slides that have equations that I made with the microsoft Equation Editor. When I try to play the presentation, it quits when it gets to those slides. Sometimes it even quits when I just click on those slides in the navigator, and sometimes when trying to save the file. It seems to be mostly specific to these slides with an equation.

This is baffling, because I think I converted the equations to PNG files in Adobe Illustrator, although I'm no longer sure of that. Interestingly, when I tried to run the same presentations on a different machine with Keynote 08 and Tiger, they run fine, so it seems to be specific to Keynote 08 running under Leopard. Reinstalling keynote did not help.

I'm about ready to start remaking these presentations from scratch, which will be a huge pain in the butt. ANyone else having problems like this?

Macbook Pro 17" 2.33 Ghz intel, Mac OS X (10.5.1), iWork 08

Posted on Jan 12, 2008 10:43 AM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2008 1:51 PM in response to Mike Kaplan

Hi, Mike-

I wish I could say you ARE all alone in this, but the reality is that many of us have had serious issues with crashing. All of my problems seem to revolve around the way that Keynote handles files (transitions and fonts, in my case) that were converted from Powerpoint. I have tried everything I've read, but nothing has helped up to this point.

Apple will hopefully soon be releasing 10.5.2, and with the reported size of the update, I am hoping that there will be an improvement to the way Leopard handles Keynote.

<fingers crossed>

Problem with Keynote '08 and Leopard: crashing on certain slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.