Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not importing CD's on first try

Hi!
I'm trying to import some (original) CD's and when I insert the CD, iTunes asks if I want to import the CD (with tracks shown in the background just fine and the CD showing on the Desktop). When I click "yes", it just goes back to the Music Library and the CD icon disappears from the Desktop and I have to manually eject with the keyboard eject button.

If I take out the CD then, and put it in a second time, and click "yes" again, it works! Do I have something somewhere checked in preferences that I shouldn't? Any insights?

THANKS!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1), iPod Classic 80GB

Posted on Jan 12, 2008 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2008 1:16 PM

Hi, Meagan, you are not alone! Please see the following link. When you post, could you include your drive information, whether or not you have recently upgraded to Leopard, & how you ran your upgrade, if you have. Scott P. & I are trying to collect information on this issue to see if we can find a common denominator for all of us. Thanks!

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6267411#6267411
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2008 1:16 PM in response to MeaganPro

Hi, Meagan, you are not alone! Please see the following link. When you post, could you include your drive information, whether or not you have recently upgraded to Leopard, & how you ran your upgrade, if you have. Scott P. & I are trying to collect information on this issue to see if we can find a common denominator for all of us. Thanks!

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6267411#6267411

Jan 12, 2008 1:56 PM in response to StarDeb55

Thanks! I actually restarted the computer and that seemed to do the trick. But it's my folks' computer and I had to leave so I'm not sure if they are continuing to have problems. I'll follow up with them tomorrow and see and repost if necessary. I have not had the same problem on my own iMac and it's identical (bought a week apart).

My upgrade of Leopard came with the new Mac (it's 10.5.1) and I just installed it from the disk that came with my mac.
And by drive do you mean the actual DVD/CD drive or the hard drive? Please bear with me as I'm a NEWBIE to mac! 🙂 I'm happy to supply that info if you can tell me where to find it! I'm sure it's something I should know (and probably do!) but again, new to mac!
Thanks again for your help and concern!
Meagan

iTunes not importing CD's on first try

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.