2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2008 3:09 PM by Strgzr
ndelc Level 1 Level 1 (120 points)
I recently got Airport Extreme and ever since, I've been having some issues with my Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse. I have a PowerMac G5 hardwired to the Airport base station and I use that mainly for storage while working on my MacBook Pro. I notice that when I'm accessing files on my G5 from the MacBook Pro - which is pretty often, because I keep my music library on it and run iTunes from my MacBook Pro - the mouse gets really slow and jumpy. When I connect a wired mouse it works fine. Is anyone else having similar issues or know of any fix? It's really getting annoying!

2.4ghz MacBook Pro, Dual 2.5ghz G5 Power Mac, 667mhz TiBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • Henry B. Level 9 Level 9 (78,690 points)
    Your wireless mouse uses the same 2.4GHz frequency used by your Airport wireless network. And yes - if you research this issue on the internet, you'll find many reports of problems with this mouse interfering with wireless networking performance and vice versa.

You have a couple of options:
    1. use the Airport Admin Utility to change the default channel that your Base Station transmits on. Some experimentation may be necessary to find a channel that minimizes interference between the two devices
    2. switch to a cordless mouse that doesn't use 2.4GHz radio
  • Strgzr Level 2 Level 2 (180 points)
    I have a WIRED Lotitech LX3 mouse and using w/airport sometimes for no apparent reason when clicking on left click menus, the right click menus appear and it takes several clicks to be able to get it to start working on left click button again. Any ideas for this? I tho't since it's WIRED that GHz interferance you talked about might not be related?