Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get new power adapter for 23" monitor?

I need a new Cinema HD Display 90W Power Adapter for my 23" monitor.

The display sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and there's no real pattern to it. When it DOES decide to work, I have to leave the computer on because 99% of the time if I shut down and restart, it will stop working, so i have to leave my computer on for days if I want the monitor to work.

Where can I buy a new power adapter for this monitor?

G5, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 23" HD Cinema Display

Posted on Jan 14, 2008 10:33 AM

6 replies

Jan 16, 2008 8:52 AM in response to archyb

I'm curious whether anyone knows if there's been a recent revision to the power supply for the 23" ACD? I'm also to figure out an answer to the same problem. Monitor randomly won't turn on. A replacement brick from eBay didn't help, but perhaps there's a newer power source I need to try. There's anecdotal evidence on the board that the power supply has been revised . . . can anyone confirm, and if so, how do we get the new power supply?

Jan 28, 2008 2:02 PM in response to Lincoln Hancock

You can find them on ebay for a lot less. I personally replaced mine with a 150 watt power supply. I was having the same problem with the display not coming back on. I have found that if turn off the display when no in use it works better. Problem to me appears that the adapter are breaking down after a long time of use. I presently have 3 adapter 2-90 watt, and 1-150 watt. All 3 will now work as long as we turn the monitor off when not in use. I have not had the 150 w long enough to make an evaluation. part numbers to look for on ebay or Amazon
Apple Cinema HD Display 150W Power Adapter A1098 I was able to get this new for 40 plus 9.95 shipping off of ebay
Apple Cinema Display AC Power Adapter 90W A1097

Jan 29, 2008 7:42 PM in response to Danny Cole1

How do you turn your monitor off?

My monitor turns off automatically when I shut down the computer, but I never turn it off manually. My experience is different from yours. As long as the computer is powered on (operational or in sleep mode), and the monitor is plugged into a power source, the monitor remains functional.

If I shut down my computer entirely, the monitor shuts down also, and then it may be days before I can get it to turn back on again.

So basically, I don't shut down my computer so that the monitor never loses power and thus is always working.

Jan 31, 2008 4:38 AM in response to archyb

Hey archyb,

My problem was exactly as you described. I thought about eBay but used electronics on a piece such as this was something I didn't want to take a chance on.

Posted on another thread:

I would like to say that I just got a new power brick and my problem is solved.
I've had this 'black screen' problem for several months and wasn't sure what it was. After reading this thread for months I spent the $$ and hoped the problem was the brick and it was. Plugged it in yesterday and I'm glad to announce that my monitor goes on/off as advertised.
I got mine at DV Warehouse in CA. $98 +12 shpg and 4 days to Orlando, FL.
Hope that helps.

Dave

Where can I get new power adapter for 23" monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.