Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSync doesn't sync custom labeled email addresses

When I sync my .mac address book from my desktop G5 address book (master copy), email addresses which have a custom label are omitted.

Does anyone know of a way to force iSync to include email addresses in the sync to .mac if they have a custom label (instead of just 'home' or 'work').

Louise

Posted on Jul 20, 2005 3:54 AM

3 replies

Aug 20, 2005 12:13 PM in response to Louise Addis

I suppose you have read this? It's from apple support ( http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107469)

.Mac Address Book: Custom Labels Do Not Sync
After syncing the Mac OS X Address Book on your computer with your .Mac (pronounced "dot Mac") Address Book, any custom labels you gave contact information (such as "Mom's" instead of 'home") do not appear in the .Mac Address Book.

Symptom

Custom labels do not sync to your .Mac Address Book.

Products affected
iSync
Address Book
.Mac Address Book

Solution

The .Mac Address Book syncs the "home" and "work" labels for most fields, and "Mobile" and "Fax" for the phone fields. The .Mac Address Book does not sync fields with custom labels.

Many scripts used to import contact information from other applications assign custom labels to fields that are labeled with "home" and "work". These are not synchronized either.

Note: This data is not lost, it simply cannot be viewed from within the .Mac Address Book.

To resolve the issue:
1. Open the Address Book on your computer.
2. Change the custom field labels to labels the .Mac Address Book can use.
3. Sync again.

So, no actual solution there. Hopefully in a future version?

iSync doesn't sync custom labeled email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.