Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does a macbook come with microsoft word?

I just got my new macbook that comes with lepared and all other cool stuff. However, i got a 30 day trial of microsoft word. I thought all macs come with microsfot word allready full installed. Can someone help me so i dont have to pay over 100$ to get microsoft word?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 17, 2008 5:16 PM

3 replies

Jan 18, 2008 6:16 AM in response to mr man45

I'm not really aware of any computer manufacturer that ships their computers with full retail versions of Word... unless you have actually paid in the order process to have it installed. Just about every computer I have ever worked with comes with trial versions installed. There isn't anything posted on Apple's site... or anywhere else... that says you get anything other than the trial version of Office with a MacBook.

I would second the previous post. NeoOffice is an excellent office suite. Quite frankly, it's pretty amazing that you can get such a comprehensive office suite for free. NeoOffice is based on OpenOffice which was developed by Sun years ago. It is opensource and updated regularly to keep pace with compatibility with Microsofts every changing formats.

does a macbook come with microsoft word?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.