Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPOD Touch is an MP3 player ???

hi,

Had some various replies that iPOD touch is an iPOD mp3 player foremost. This is the reply that we get due to some basic features missing in some of the other apps.

All good, no worries, as it is a mp3 player after all.

Here is my question:

When in any other iPOD Touch App (e.g. MAIL, MAPS, Safari, etc.) and have the mp3 player playing a song how do I:

Change the Volume
Forward
Pause, etc.

At this stange it seems like I need to Navigate back to the Music player and the use the normal hot buttons.

Is there any sort of shortcut where we can do the normal mp3 player functions (volume, pause, next song, etc.) without navigating all the way back. It is a bit annoying and seems like the old iPOD was better here as the mp3 player operating buttons were always available.

(someone said that the iPhone has some buttons on the side to control the volume. So no need to navigate back to the music player to do this. However, am not sure how the other functions can be accessed without navigating all the way back).

Does my question make sense> ?

Message was edited by: iTunes_user

Windows XP

Posted on Jan 20, 2008 1:20 PM

4 replies

Jan 20, 2008 1:48 PM in response to jr20079

thanks. it works if you are really fast and use your nail.

maybe it would be better if we could tap on the iPOD top right play icon to bring up a basic menu with functions for the mp3 player.

jr20079:
please feel free to log this enhancement request as you have correctly identified this an issue. http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html
What other functions do you think Apple should add to the home button double (use your nail) press?

thanks again.

iPOD Touch is an MP3 player ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.