Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configuring Mail To Use Disposable Email Addresses

Hello,

My ISP (BT Yahoo!) allows you to create disposable email addresses as an anti-spam measure. When you use their web client to send an email from one of these disposable addresses, then your primary email address is not sent. Any emails to one of these disposable addresses get directed to the inbox of the primary account.

How do you set the Mail application up to send and receive emails using one of these disposable addresses?

iMac 17" Flat Panel, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 22, 2008 1:44 AM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2008 5:45 AM in response to IanB

i see, then here is another thought... create a new email account for each alias but give a bogus incoming email account, just force create the account, use the outgoing server of your main email account, for each of these "alias" accounts. then for each of these "alias" accounts make sure that you unselect "automatically check for mail" in mail>preferences>accounts>advanced that way you will be able to send, and you do not care about receiving from them, as i guess you will be receiving from your main account. i think if you use this workaround, you will get a sign next to your inbox, stating that there is a problem with that "alias" inbox, not to worry but cosmetically annoying.

hope this helps

Jan 23, 2008 3:25 AM in response to Pascal Bouvier

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for continuing to try and help.

I have already tried that. Unfortunately the SMTP server only accepts the primary email address for authentication and, when you look at the message, you find it in the long headers so it defeats the object of using a disposable address.

You would think that my ISP would be able to help but unfortunately their support service is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Configuring Mail To Use Disposable Email Addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.