Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail icon shows 3 unread emails but I've read them all

Can not seem to get rid of 3 unopened emails on mail icon. I checked all accounts and mailboxes?

Powerbook G4 12in, iBook G3, eMac, iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.5.1), still have 10.4.11 on G3

Posted on Jan 22, 2008 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 7:51 AM

you could create a smart mailbox to filter unread emails, go to mail menu, mailbox>create smart mailbox, and choose the unread email rule. then look in the smart mailbox to see which emails show up.

you can also select the option you would like for dock unread count, go to mail>preferences>general.

hope this helps
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2011 7:51 AM in response to Mark Perusse

you could create a smart mailbox to filter unread emails, go to mail menu, mailbox>create smart mailbox, and choose the unread email rule. then look in the smart mailbox to see which emails show up.

you can also select the option you would like for dock unread count, go to mail>preferences>general.

hope this helps

Mail icon shows 3 unread emails but I've read them all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.