Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

personal finance app

anyone recommend a better substitute for quicken?

blackbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Jan 22, 2008 11:50 AM

8 replies

Jan 25, 2008 7:55 AM in response to keulu

I am using moneydance for the last 2 years and I am very happy with it. Had some work to convert my MSMoney files (10years of data incl. invstment accounts)
It is written in Java and it runs under OS X, Linux and Windows. Support is great and in addition there is a community to help in case of problems.

Simply download a copy from

www.moneydance.com

and check it out. If you like it buy a license 29.99$

Regards,

Vitor

Feb 7, 2008 5:09 PM in response to Joel C.

Here are the major features i use with a combination of quicken and quickbooks 2005, since neither does both (QB does not export to TurboTax!!!!)
With quicken:
1. tracking business expenses and downloading QIF from banks, checking, credit cards, etc.
2. tracking household and utility expenses (since I work out of the home, part of these are deductible)
3. Exporting to Turbotax at tax time.
With QB 2005:
1. Tracking work for clients with memorized invoices in iCal for annual services (I do web design and charge annual hosting fees, etc.)
2. Track time and costs (time tracking is entered manually and tracked in another program since QB on the Mac doesn't have a time record button).
3. Client list and info
4. items and services memorized charges to add to invoices ($x for hosting, $x for scanning,etc.)
5. Tracking payments and income.
6. Exporting income to Excel for later summary and addition to TurboTax.

I don't, at this point, have employees or need payroll. And since I can't export to TTax, I use Quicken to download business expenses from credit cards, and keep track of them there. I could download these transactions to QB, but it would be of no advantage to me for speeding tax prep...

Anyone have a working program in Leopard that does all that and still exports to TTAX?

🙂

Please Apple: create iAccountant and iTax for us!!!! At least you'll do it right!

personal finance app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.