Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help Setting-up VPN On OS X 10.5 Server

I am at my wits end trying to get my VPN set-up on my X-serve running 10.5 server. Here is what I have for a set-up.

* I have set-up my X-Serve as a Standard Server install.

* I have put "pinholes" in my router using the following port info:
1701 UDP L2TP - Mac OS X Server VPN service
1723 TCP PPTP - Mac OS X Server VPN service

* When I try to log-in remotely, it says it is connecting and then comes back with "The Connection has failed. Please verify your settings and try again." I know my my log-in and password is correct.

Any help or direction at all would be VERY much appreciated. I am completely out of ideas after trying for a week. Thanks!

X-serve, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 23, 2008 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2008 8:20 PM

You might consider posting this in the proper forum. There is an Xserve forum and an OS X Server forum. Click on Discussions in the menu bar of this page and look for them near the bottom of the list on the right.

There's also a number of help files for configuring VPN. If you go to the main Apple support page, then do a search on 'vpn'.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2008 8:20 PM in response to Matthew Pendergraff

You might consider posting this in the proper forum. There is an Xserve forum and an OS X Server forum. Click on Discussions in the menu bar of this page and look for them near the bottom of the list on the right.

There's also a number of help files for configuring VPN. If you go to the main Apple support page, then do a search on 'vpn'.

Need Help Setting-up VPN On OS X 10.5 Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.