Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help updating to 802.11n

I want to get my computer updated to 802.11n because I want to purchase Apple TV soon. Right now my Network Utility says I've only got 802.11g and I have Airport Admin Utility 4.2 so none of the upgrades will work because you have to have 5.0, yet there doesn't seem to be a way to download 5.0 anywhere. I don't usually feel like Apple makes things like this difficult, but this time they've left me high and dry.

Powermac G5 dual 1.8, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Apple Cinema Display, HP Officejet 7210, Klipsch speakers, Airport Extreme + 2 express base stations

Posted on Jan 24, 2008 11:24 AM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2008 1:50 PM in response to Michael Moriconi

If you have the newer (square) extreme you should already have the newer utility, if you have the older (dome) extreme it isn't upgradeable. The upgradeable devices were computers that were released prior to 802.11n networking equipment from  and had core2 duo CPU's in them.

All this being said you should be able to use the tv with a 802.11g network.

Need help updating to 802.11n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.