Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AE 5.7 upgrade killed my network

After the 5.7 update, the PCs connect OK, just the Macs won't. If I connect to the internet with the PC, then my AE works OK. If the PC goes to sleep, nothing. I have downgraded, re-upgraded, side-graded, done it through the Utility, downloaded and updated. Nothing seems to resolve this.

Network is DSL modem/router with the PC on ethernet, ethernet to the AE and wireless from there, and ethernet to a printer.

ACK!

Also happening at my work where I run a Mac lab with about 30 wired and 20 wireless clients. Similar issues where my Xserve DHCP service is running and all settings are set like they were the last two years, upgrade to 10.5 and then ran a firmware update on my Airport Extreme to 5.7, and my network flaked out. Now my DHCP service will not give out any IP addresses and my computers in my lab self-assign.

If anyone has any ideas...PLEASE!

PowerBook G4 1.67 HD, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 24, 2008 7:47 PM

4 replies

Jan 28, 2008 8:49 AM in response to primalman

Got exactly the same: after upgrade to 5.7 my imac intel works fine but my ibook with tiger + my ipod touch won't connect anymore to the wireless network at home. Both were connecting fine before.

Do you have the solution to this problem meanwhile. I'm getting crazy.
I'd like to go back to the previous version of the airport but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks for helping... This was all working sooo good before I updated!

Jan 28, 2008 10:21 AM in response to *tcharl*

Not totally an answer or solution, but to revert to previous firmware, open Airport Utility, select your base station, go to manual setup (if on 10.5), then go to the Base Station menu, select Upload Firmware... and select the version you want to go back to.

This got my AE working OK, but I still had NAT issues with the internet. Oddball thing is if I make sure my wife's PC in awake, I can connect OK. ????

Message was edited by: primalman

AE 5.7 upgrade killed my network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.