Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning the PowerSupport Anti-Glare Film

After well over an hour trying to get the film positioned properly without bubble I finally succeeded...almost. Even though I used canned air to blow off the dust, etc., I managed to get a few dirt particles trapped between the film and iPod. They were small enough not to be a problem themselves, but they did cause small bubbles around them. At $15 a pop, it is too expensive to scrap. Does anyone know some way to clean the side of the film that touches the iPod screen? Canned air doesn't work.

 24" Intel iMac (2.33GHz), Intel Macmini (2GHz) and 20" Cinema Display, Mac OS X (10.5), (All tools, no talent!)

Posted on Jan 24, 2008 9:30 PM

3 replies

Jan 25, 2008 4:09 AM in response to transco

Hi there,
I bought a a protective cover for my IPT and with it came a protective film. I'm telling you - and you probably know - it's a hassle to try and remove every single air bubble, so I gave up and threw it in the rubbish. But if yours are 15$ a pair...hmm...keep trying. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions other than complaining to the maker of the films 🙂

Cheers

Jan 25, 2008 2:00 PM in response to transco

I don't believe you can clean the side that touches the screen of the iPod Touch. But here is the process I followed to get mine set without dust or bubbles.

First use a microfiber cloth to clean the touch thoroughly. This should remove almost if not all of the dust. If there is still dust use compressed air to remove the remainder.

DO NOT REMOVE THE ENTIRE FILM. Very important. Peel back one corner and get the screen film lined up. Once you are happy with the placement pinch the Touch so the exposed corner of the film makes firm contact the the Touch. Slowly lift the opposite corner of the film and grasp the protective layer, slowly pull it off and smooth the Anti-Glare film onto the front of the Touch.

This is similar to applying window tint. You can probably find a video on the net. This is the same technique used to apply graphics stickers to cars and windows.

Jan 25, 2008 3:45 PM in response to transco

I would remove the film and rinse it under warm water while using my finger to rub the contact side. Then let it air dry, possibly in the bathroom or another dust-free room (bathrooms are usually pretty low in dust since there are not alot of carpeted surfaces). Don't use a cloth to try and dry it...you'll only leave micro-lint/dust on it. Before re-applying it, you may want to get some Scotch tape (the one in the green roll with the matte surface) and use the sticky side to lift whatever dust particles may be on the contact side of the sheet just before applying it. I've found that using canned air tends to blow around more dust so I like to use the tape method. The reason I recommended the green roll tape is that is has less 'grab' than the red roll (or glossy) tape. If you're uncomfortable using the tape method, stick with the canned air.

Good luck!

Cleaning the PowerSupport Anti-Glare Film

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.