Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDVD 8 - not recognizing chapters!

I am totally frustrated! After upgrading to ilife '08, none of my iDVD projects recognize my chapter markers created in FCP. I export videos as QT's out of FCP. I created over 100 dvd's with chapters in my previous version ('06). Yes I have selected all the correct parameters,as done successfully in past. I've even checked the QT's in QT Player and it shows the chapters perfectly. Import into iDVD project, no chapters! Please help, have 3 clients waiting for their projects!!!
THANKS!

g5, Mac OS X (10.4.11), FCP, iLIFE, QT

Posted on Jan 25, 2008 7:18 AM

8 replies

Jan 25, 2008 12:06 PM in response to SDMacuser

Thank you SD, Yes that is correct... as mentioned, I have produced hundreds that same way in the '06 version of idvd. After the upgrade... disaster. Everything else in idvd '08 works fine... I don't get it. I tried to uninstall '08 and attempted to reinstall '06... but '06 would not open now. So I removed '06 and went back to '08. A colleague mentioned I might have corrupted the software by not uninstalling all associated files. Of course macs are the "be all-end all" of computing but to uninstall anything is a pain. But keep in mind, I went back to '08 and it all works fine except the chapter thing. What'd ya think???
Betwixed and bewildered in RI!

Jan 25, 2008 2:13 PM in response to video guy 77

Check in Preferences.../Movies and see if the top button is selected. If it is:

This frequently helps solve some problems. Quit iDVD. Search for the file named com.apple.iDVD.plist and trash it. (A new one will be created next launch of iDVD.) Or look in: User/Library/Preferences. This may solve project loading errors too. Restart and use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions.

You'll need to reset some Preferences.

Jan 27, 2008 4:25 AM in response to Len Goff

Thanks Len... tried it. still no go. I can't believe I am still having this difficulty. I notice no other posts here with this same problem. How could I be the only iDVD user to have this? I know I should try using DVD SP but I just haven't the time to sit and learn it right now. Any other advice out there? Is it possible there is a lingering string somewhere when I uninstalled '08, reinstalled '06 then went back to '08? I trashed every found file associated w/ ilife and idvd along the way. Here's a new one: When I re-installed iLiFE '06, all the apps worked perfectly, EXCEPT iDVD- would not even open! Please help!

Kevin

Feb 8, 2008 6:04 AM in response to pitdo

I have the same problem. iDVD 08 chapters from iMovie 06 have been working for me on a G5. But on Intel, if I add any chapters to the iMovie, after iDVD 08 encodes the assets, it aborts with "Multiplexer Error / There was an error during muxing preparation (project conversion)". I have over 80 GB free on my system drives and have repaired permissions. The iMovie is a single DV file, no slide shows. I've mostly tried with pre-7.0 iDVD themes. I've tried on 10.4.10 and 10.4.11, QT 7.2 and 7.3.1.

I'm going to have to revert to iLife 06 on Intel in order to have chapters on my DVDs.

IDVD 8 - not recognizing chapters!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.