Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to back up iphoto

I have about 4,000 photos in my iphoto program, and I need to back them up. I know pretty much nothing about this. So I want to know what is the most reliable way to do this to make sure my photos last.

Also, my iphoto is running REALLY slow, probably due to the amount of photos I have on it, so I'm looking for a way to make it run faster.

imac, Mac OS X (10.4), iphoto 5, itunes 7

Posted on Jan 26, 2008 7:39 AM

5 replies

Jan 26, 2008 12:10 PM in response to Kim Hesse

Kim

To back up iPhoto make a copy of the iPhoto Library Folder which in is your Pictures Folder. You can do this by copying it to an external Hard Disk, or by burning it to a CD or DVD using the Share -> Burn command.

I don't think that 4k photos is enough to render v5 really slow, but some information might help us help you: How much RAM do you have? How big is your Hard Disk and how much free space on it?

Regards

TD

Jan 26, 2008 4:04 PM in response to Yer_Man

Okay,I'm not sure if this is right.. but I went under apple, about this mac, and I found something and it says VRAM(Total): 64MB and then under ATA, it says Macintosh HD: Capacity:74.41GB Available: 18.96GB. I hope this helps, I don't know much about computers, my mom used to take care of the computer, and she passed away, and my dad knows as much as I do or less. and we're the only ones in the house. so it's a bit frustrating trying to figure this stuff out. so thanks for taking the time to attempt to help me. 🙂

I need to back up iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.