Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto photo book

How to give the software copy of the photo book album created in iPhoto08 to the local store for taking prints (hard copy).

I tired this. After selecting the photo book album in iPhoto08, File - Export -> exports it to a Quicktime movie format.
In Quicktime I selected 'save as' in PDF format. But the local photo store salesman says it has to be JPEG or some photo format and not in PDF format.

MBP, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 26, 2008 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2008 8:44 PM

Open the PDF in Preview and save it as JPG.

(28522)
14 replies

Jan 27, 2008 7:19 AM in response to LarryHN

I did 'save as' the iPhoto photo book as PDF format in iPhoto. The PDF of the photo book after opening in Preview, when i try save as to jpg format, only the first page is getting converted to jpg format, not the whole photo book.

i tried by 'select all' and convert to jpg. but still only the first page is getting converted. kindly suggest solution. i haven't tried yet automator solution suggested yet.

Jan 27, 2008 5:36 PM in response to Q8MacNewbie

While in iPhoto start a print job and under the PDF menu select Send PDF to iPhoto. That will make a jpg of each page of the book and add them to an album in iPhoto. NOTE: each file will have a weird file name so do a Batch Change of the Title to "Page" adding a sequential number. This will rename them Page-01, Page-02, etc. Then export the pages to a folder on the desktop with the option to use the Title as the new file name. Now anyone can print the files in the correct order.

User uploaded file

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've created an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. It's compatible with iPhoto 08 libraries and Leopard. iPhoto does not have to be closed to run the application, just idle. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Jan 28, 2008 6:39 AM in response to Old Toad

In iPhoto I was able to convert the whole photo book into PDF file. When I open the PDF file in Preview, 'select all' then 'save as' to JPG format, only the first page is getting converted to JPG file. I tried this many times to check.

When I do the same in Adobe all the PDF pages are getting converted to JPG file. I wonder if I have inadvertedly noticed a bug in Preview or I am still making some mistake?

Anyway I got the answer I am looking for right now and thanks to all who have shown interest in this post.

iPhoto photo book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.