Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Printer shows Idle and Connected when it wasn't connected

691 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2008 7:36 AM by inajeep RSS
inajeep Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 28, 2008 7:36 AM
This is more of an FYI ...

I was a bit puzzled why my printing stopped working and would essentially freeze the application I was trying to print from. I had 3 printers in my settings, One Windows shared HP7960, one HP 7960 that appeared when I directly plugged my MacBook Pro into it and another older HP that I plugged directly in the MacBook Pro that didn't work properly. When I opened up Printers under System Preferences it shows all three printers being Idle and w/ a green light even though 2 of them were not. I was not able to rearrange preference order. Once I removed the two phantom printers, I was able to print to my HP7960 Windows XP shared printer via the Gutenprint 7550 driver.

So in the course of trouble-shooting printing issues, especially networked printers, make sure only one printer is in the list.
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.