Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare & Warranty cover for non-US country

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a Macbook or Macbook Pro in the US (significantly cheaper), but I live in New Zealand (which is under the Asia/Pacific region). However, I am unsure about the Terms and Conditions for AppleCare and the 1 year complimentary warranty (I assume this will be the same as AppleCare).

2 Questions on the AppleCare/1 year warranty cover:

1) If I buy my Macbook from the US, is it ok for me to get the AppleCare in the US also? Or would I have to buy the AppleCare in New Zealand?

2) If I don't buy AppleCare at all, and take my Macbook back with me back to New Zealand, am I still fully covered by the 1 year complimentary service warranty?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers.
Dave.

Macbook 2.2GHz, Black

Posted on Jan 29, 2008 12:04 PM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2008 12:14 PM in response to Bulky Dave

If you buy the MacBook in the US and want to enable an AppleCare Protection Plan, you should register the MacBook in New Zealand and buy a local copy of an AppleCare Protection Plan. If you buy an APP in the US, it can only be enrolled with an address in the US or Canada.

The original one year warranty should be world-wide.

-Doug

Jan 29, 2008 12:15 PM in response to Bulky Dave

You can buy the Mac where ever you like... you also have a grace perioid from when you have your computer to before your first year is up.. then you can decide to buy the [Apple Care Protection Plan|http://www.apple.com/support/products/proplan.html] if you like.
So if you are able to buy the protection plan where you live then you will be safe.

Jan 29, 2008 9:21 PM in response to Bulky Dave

You always get five chances to change your DVD drive's region. In the past, Apple portable computers used to come with no region set. So, the first time you played a DVD movie, you were asked to set your region. You would still get five chances to change the region after that. More recently, the drives in Apple portable computers sold in the US have already been set to Region 1 ahead of time. But, you still get five chances to change the region.

-Doug

AppleCare & Warranty cover for non-US country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.