Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you de-authorize a computer you no longer own?

Over the years I've replaced/destroyed a few laptops which were authorized for use with my iTunes account. I have 2 computers now - an iMac and an iBook - and yesterday I authorized my iBook, and it told me that now all 5 of my alloted authorizations are accounted for. Basically, if I buy any more computers I won't be able to play my music on them.

Does anyone know how to de-authorize a computer that basically no longer exists? I only want my current 2 computers authorized, and I need to de-authorize 3 computers; two of which are dead and 1 of which has been in storage for 4 years. (My trusty tangerine iMac.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 31, 2008 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2008 5:24 AM

Once you hit the five computer max, you are given the option to deauthorize all computers on your account, then you can re-authorize the ones that you want. You can only do this once a year. From itunes go to the store menu, and select view my account. Where it lists how many computers you have authorized, if it is five, you will have a button there that will deauthorize all of them.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2008 5:24 AM in response to Jason Caldeira2

Once you hit the five computer max, you are given the option to deauthorize all computers on your account, then you can re-authorize the ones that you want. You can only do this once a year. From itunes go to the store menu, and select view my account. Where it lists how many computers you have authorized, if it is five, you will have a button there that will deauthorize all of them.

How do you de-authorize a computer you no longer own?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.