Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare in France

Has anyone dealt with Apple repair in France before? There aren't any Apple Stores in France, so is my AppleCare still valid at an Authorized Repair Center? I would greatly appreciate any information or personal experiences with Apple repair in France to decide whether or not to have my machine repaired here, or wait until May (when I return to the United States) to have it fixed in an Apple Store.

My MacBook Pro suffered a complete failure of both the built-in keyboard and trackpad mid-December, and the situation hasn't improved since. I've been entirely reliant on a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, which is inconvenient and difficult since I have to carry it with me on my daily commute across Paris via the métro. At this point, I'm essentially hauling a small desktop computer 45 min to 1 hr (each way) despite the fact that it is (supposed to be) a top-of-the-line portable computer, and, frankly, I'm fed up.

For reference back to the hardware failure see this thread: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6413679

MacBook Pro Santa Rosa 2.4GHz C2D 15" 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Feb 1, 2008 7:02 PM

1 reply

AppleCare in France

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.