Previous 1 2 Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2008 11:06 AM by dlfuller
thx11380 Level 1 (0 points)
I am experiencing black lines across my display after loading Leopard. They ae sometimes everywhere nd sometimes not. I also get color blends at times.
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported

Mac Pro 3.0 Dual, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • TylerQ Level 1 (0 points)
    I've got the same setup and I'm experiencing the same issues.
  • Brian Friedrich Level 1 (0 points)
    I have also been experiencing the same issue as you since installing Leopard (a black or mixed colour line) and my configuration is identical as you've reported. I am running dual 23" Apple LCDs and have actually had the line span across the displays at times as well. This is an intermittent issue and I can't narrow it to any application or process, but the original upgrade to 10.5 was the trigger and neither the 10.5.2, nor graphics update resolved this for me.
  • R.S. Cornish Level 1 (0 points)
    Same problem here. Intermittent. Occurred prior to installing Leopard and after.
  • Wayne Johnson Level 1 (15 points)
    Similar problem, certainly more than an issue here.

I have Leopard 10.5.2 and can't recall seeing black vertical lines running down my screen until 10.5.1.
    The lines are more obvious when I'm looking at and editing images, I can't see too much of them against this background.

I suppose I'll have to spend the rest of my time looking at Apple Discussions and therefore not worry so much about my thin tiger lines in Leopard.
  • russellhw Level 1 (0 points)
    We're experiencing the same problem on two power macs in our office. Both running with single 23" cinema displays. We've tried doing and "archive and install" of Leopard, as well as a clean install of Leopard and then a restore from time-machine backup. Still no help. At this point, we're waiting for a slow Friday before starting over from scratch with a fresh install of all applications, etc.

Any help before then would be greatly appreciated.
  • AMournian Level 1 (0 points)
    I am experiencing black lines , and blotches of color, usually a shade lighter than the blue background, as well as a wide, irregular vertical yellow line at either end of my display.

I have four hard drives. As soon as I received Leopard in early February I loaded it onto three of those hard drives, but not the fourth. I did not use any of the Leopard hard drives until after March 16, when I took the flying leap into the abyss and loaded Leopard onto the fourth hard drive.

It was a point of no return. Until I upgraded the fourth hard drive I had continued to use the latest version of Tiger, without any "weirds" on my display, a Radius Press View 21 SR.

From that moment on I had, and have a horrible display. I cannot use the display for FCP or for image editing if the work requires color correction. The screen is full of what look like large square and rectangular pixels of a color several shades lighter than my solid blue background.

As a direct result of this problem last night I bought an HP w2207h display. The same problem appeared on it.

I erased the contents of one hard drive and reinstalled 10.4.11. that hard drive is a partition of a larger drive.

The problem persists. This is a problem not of hardware, I believe, but of software. It needs to be addressed by Apple and a solution found.

I have many, many digital images of the screen and can send them to anyone who will listen or who can help.

This is not what I expect from Apple, whose computers I have used exclusively since 1987 when I bought my first "luggable" small screen Macintosh Plus.

This is bad news.

Message was edited by: AMournian
    Still getting random black lines on 30" Cinema Display -- and random patches of color sometimes -- I wish Apple would address this!
    SOLUTION: replaced ATI Radeon X1900 XT graphics card with a new one and now 30 inch Cinema HD display works fine, no black lines or other problems.
  • Larry from VA Level 1 (30 points)
    I have the Nvidia 8800GT GPU and am starting to see a 5-6" horizontal black line near the top center of my 23" ACD. Once it started it seems to stay and it seems to be getting slightly wider each day.
  • postdrama Level 1 (0 points)
    Black lines all over the place increasing as the cpu warms up. I've been seeing this posted all over the net but no consensus on the fix. Apple, anyone?
  • lafur Level 1 (0 points)
    I'm getting the same lines, black and going partially across the screen horizontal, on a MBP though, changing colours from millions to thousands and back again fixes this for a couple of hours, also the yellow colour appears as well...
  • Flannagan Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the same problem and nothing seems to fix it.
  • GeeClever Level 1 (0 points)
    Same problem I think. I get vertical black lines on my 30" Cinema Display. They disappear if I close a window-usually. No answer but I thought I would add my experience in the hope that Apple is watching (and motivated).
  • Flannagan Level 1 (0 points)
    After updating to 10.5.3...

Still the same. APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous 1 2 Next