Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panasonic SD5 and Final Cut Express

I have a new ACVHD Panasonic SD5 that records to SDHC. I am currently importing the video into IMove8. I want to import it into Final Cut Express 4. FCE will not recognize the new camera. I also cannot export the SD5 video from iMovie into FCE4.

Does anyone know how I can get the video from my new Panasonic SD5 into Final Cut Express 4? Thank You in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1), Also use a MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2008 10:14 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2008 11:08 PM in response to zhaba

I use the same camera and it works for me. Make sure you are using the log and transfer function, in FCE, and not the log and capture. I am not sure what other advice to give other than to confirm FCE4 and the SD5 do play nice together, at least for me. I will say I have only used the SD card media with it so if your using a disc maybe it may be a different story -- I don't know.

Edit: Sorry I misspoke my camera is the SX5 -- from everything I understand and have read, however, it is functionally identical to the SD5. The difference being the SD5 only works with SD cards where this one has the option to record to mini DVDs.

Message was edited by: l0gden

Panasonic SD5 and Final Cut Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.