Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY macbook vent is always ON

Every time i turn on my computer the vent starts and never stops, only on sleep mode.

Thank you

MACBOOK 2GHZ 1.5GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 4, 2008 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2008 6:39 AM

Open *Activity Monitor* and see what processes you have running that is eating up CPU %. Be sure at the top of the window to choose *All Processes* so that you see everything running. A lot of times one program will be running in the background that your not aware of. Once you figure it out you can kill the process normally without any repercussions.

User uploaded file
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2008 6:39 AM in response to Filipe Pereira

Open *Activity Monitor* and see what processes you have running that is eating up CPU %. Be sure at the top of the window to choose *All Processes* so that you see everything running. A lot of times one program will be running in the background that your not aware of. Once you figure it out you can kill the process normally without any repercussions.

User uploaded file

MY macbook vent is always ON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.